Ronin Protocol: The Solo Warrior’s Way
Some parts of the Uncommon Path are best walked alone…
I attended my final class with the university karate club in May 1992. After nearly two years of training (and studying pre-engineering) there, my time at the university was done, and before I knew it, I was on my own…
How did I go from an on-fire green belt back then, to a still on-fire black belt and full-time instructor today? That’s a long and winding story with many ups and downs, my friend. I will share it all in due time as we journey together, but first, I want to focus on you…
Who are you?
- Are you a solo martial artist, Ronin, who has no desire to quit despite not having an instructor?
- Where are you in your training?
- Are you happy with where you are?
- If not, where do you want to go?
- Do you know how to get there?
- Do you want to continue advancing in the art that you love, that you’ve invested sweat, and blood, and heart, and tears in?
- Would you like to be a stronger, wiser, more evolved martial artist / version of yourself tomorrow than you are today? Can you even imagine such a state?
It can be done…
I’m just one man who has done it, and there are many others who have followed the path of the solo warrior. Perhaps you’re one too, but you need a little guidance. Let me help.
First, no, I will not be your martial arts instructor. I don’t know your style, and I am not trying to convert you to my style. What I do want to do is impart to you something valuable that can positively affect your training and every area of your life, if you let it. I won’t be your instructor, I’ll be your guide.
It won’t be easy. It will be difficult at times, challenging, discouraging, frustrating, but as someone once said, the harder the fight, the greater the glory in victory. And through it all, you will experience the unique joy and strength that flow from walking your chosen path and forging your soul.
I welcome you in advance, brothers and sisters in the arts. If you’re ready to commit to the transformation, let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s grow!