This page contains affiliate links. For information, see full disclosure here.
How would I summarize the second week of my Carnivore Diet experiment??
Yeah, that’s about right, it didn’t go over so well. It was not so good. Not horrible, thankfully, but it felt as if I took several steps backward compared to the week before. But, as the body makes such drastic adjustments, such setbacks, actual or simply perceived, should be expected.
I’ll keep this one short as I summarize Week #2’s results. If you missed the previous entries, take a quick look back at Meatful Monday #1 and Meaful Monday #2.
First, here’s the bad:
The Bad, but not so Horrible…
In the first week, I felt pretty good, mentally, and physically. The second week was pretty much the opposite due to the adjustment phase, and also due to the fact that I’m still not sure about the the whole “comfortably stuffed” thing. Most of the week went like this:
- Tired. Missed / skipped three of four morning workouts.
- Muscular endurance was noticeably low.
- Crabbiness abounded and every single little thing seemed designed, and able, to tick me off…
- Meal planning in terms of quantity was lackluster.
- Getting enough fat is vital, and the Beef Tallow as mentioned below and last week helps a lot. Still, I’ve found it easier to obtain enough healthy fat when on Paleo.
- Electrolytes are no joke. When on a low / ultra-low / no carb plan, sufficient quantities of proper and balanced electrolytes must be obtained each day, each hour.
The Good, but not so Great…
Thankfully, things were not all bad. There was some mostly good stuff too:
- My mind seemed to remain clear despite the feeling of reverse progress.
- Cravings for foods that I cannot have during this Carnivore Diet experiment have greatly decreased.
- Bacon. No, seriously; it makes me happy!
- I’ve been drinking plenty of water, so that’s…good.
- I’m still in it. Despite the challenges, there is no reason to give up yet. I’m still hopeful, so I’m still in it.
Just a few new questions came up this week, and again, these are just ponderings, thoughts that I’m sure I’ll find the answers to over the next few days or weeks.
- If things begin to turn around and go as well as I expect them, how long will I stay on the Carnivore Diet?
- If Carnivore doesn’t work for me as expected, what gives?
- I wonder what the Carnivore options are like when eating at a restaurant…
I did add two of these three powerful, healing foods to my plan, but I am delaying the Beef Liver supplement until I’m through the adjustment phase.
The frozen bone broth was pretty good, but it seemed to lack the jelly-like consistency that I hoped for. So, I’m still collecting bones to make my own.
High-Quality Grass-Fed Beef Liver Supplement:
Though full of bio-available Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, choline, and Zinc among other vital nutrients, this one is on hold until I’m out of the adjustment phase. Hopefully, I will be able to begin using it this week.
Grass-Fed Beef Tallow:
I highly recommend* adding beef tallow as one of your healthy fats. It contains a good amount of vitamins including D and E, as well as choline and useful fatty acids, and it adds a pleasant taste to just about anything you use it in.
Onward into Week #3 I go!
2 thoughts on “Meatful Monday #3: Carnivore Week Two in Review”
Pingback: Meatful Monday #4: Carnivore Week Three in Review | Martial - Fitness Minimart
Pingback: Meatful Monday #5: Carnivore Week Four, the Final Review | Martial - Fitness Minimart